Painted Wood Tub Planter and Watering Can with Free Printables | Redo It Yourself Inspirations : Painted Wood Tub Planter and Watering Can with Free Printables

Sunday, August 16, 2015

Painted Wood Tub Planter and Watering Can with Free Printables


Grampa Carm was cleaning out his basement and offered me this vintage wooden plant stand. He thought I could do something with it.

I knew right away it was getting painted, but with a distressed look for some country charm.


So I cleaned it up and lightly sanded it.


Then I chose pretty summer colors.
The base coat is painted with  "Rustic Charm"; a really cheery shade of green.


and then dry brushed over the green with some "Bliss"... 
my favorite summer blue color... all over the tub part. 
Just a little bit to let the green show through.


When the paint was dry I distressed the entire planter sporadically with rough 60 grit sandpaper.


Then I designed a transfer, "Flowers and Gardens", on PicMonkey to print and rub onto the bucket.

If you like the transfer, you are free to use it. Just save the download and print! The full size print in PDF download is here. In reverse for rub on transfer; click here to download.


The vintage lettering looks just right on the bucket.


After adding some bright geraniums, the planter really pops with some country charm.


Blue and green go so nicely together, don't they?





It didn't stop here.


I had an old metal watering can that needed a makeover.



So with the same technique... 

I made it match up with the planter.



I think those two colors are really pretty and it brings a bit of country to the gardens. 
Maybe the potting bench will be next. 





(Rustic Charm and Bliss paints are products of Country Chic Paint.) 

Featured at 




No comments:

Post a Comment